Natural Hawaiian Spirulina
Doctors and Scientists recommend we eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. In real life, it doesn't always happen. Thats why you need Spirulina Pacifica. Hawaiian grown natural Spirulina Pacifica supplies more concentrated vegetable nutrition than any other whole food.
Spirulina Pacifica delivers:
Antioxidant Vegetable Nutrition - Natures richest source of carotenoids
B-Complex Vitamins - Supplies Thiamin, Riboflavin and vitamin B-12
Iron - A daily dose provides more iron than two cups of spinach
Organic Protein - Richest source in the plant world - three times that of beef
GLA - Building block for natures anti-inflammatory As a result, Spirulina is important for anyone needing additional nourishment including dieters, athletes, convalescents and the elderly. Just six tablets a day (3 grams) will help supply the nutrients lacking in most of our diets.
Focus on Quality
As the growers of Hawaiian Spirulina, we focus on ways to protect the superb antioxidant quality through all phases of production. Although our Ocean Chill drying delivers twice the antioxidant quality of other Spirulina products, we found that Spirulina was routinely improperly packaged. Our research showed that commonly used packaging was allowing oxidation to destroy precious nutrients. We launched Nutrex Hawaii ten years ago as a vehicle to insure the end user had access to all the nutrition available in quality Spirulina. Consequently, glass packaging with oxygen absorbers and sealing caps, which we introduced, have now replaced polyethylene bottles in many brands.
Minerals from Mother Ocean
Only Hawaiian Spirulina draws nourishment from the worlds cleanest, deepest ocean. Our facility uses ocean water drawn from a pipeline that plunges 2000 feet into the sea. Oceanographers tell us this water has been below the surface since Old Testament times. Deep water from the Pacific makes a very slow migration which starts at the poles. This deep water stays in a distinct layer, traveling like a very slowly moving river toward the tropics. Our pipeline brings this ultra-pure, mineral rich water to our ponds. We supplement our Spirulina systems with this deep water as a source of calcium, magnesium, and all the essential trace elements. No other Spirulina is grown with such a rich source of naturally occurring nutrients.
Patented Ocean-Drying protects Phytonutrients and Enzymes
Spirulina provides a wide range of delicate phytonutrients with very significant health benefits. Phytonutrients include antioxidants known for giving fruits and vegetables their orange and yellow colors. Nutritionists recommend increasing our intake of phytonutrients to protect against the harmful effects of UV sunlight, pollution, and environmental stress. Just a few grams of Hawaiian Spirulina supplies the phytonutrients contained in a whole salad. To reduce processing losses of these delicate compounds our scientists developed and patented Ocean Chill Drying. All Hawaiian Spirulina is dried with this process, giving Hawaiian Spirulina much higher levels of phytonutrients and enzymes.
How does Nutrex Hawaii Natural Hawaiian Spirulina differ form blue-green Algae?
1. Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae, just like Aphamizomenon flos-aquae. But Spirulina grows in water rich in baking soda, which prevents other algae from contaminating the culture. Cultured algae have a far superior nutritional quality
2. Cultured algae is far superior to lake algae:
Conditions are optimized. The most important feature of growing algae is that it must be well mixed. Mixing promotes an even distribution of sunlight to the algae. Without good mixing blue-green algae will float in mats, with the algae on top of the mat getting too much light (it can even dry out and burn) and the algae under the mat does not get enough light. This results in slower growth and cell death. The depth of culture ponds is perfect for mixing which allows the algae to grow faster and achieve a superior nutritional profile (better carotene content and higher protein).
Cultured algae is then harvested at peak density. If it were allowed to sit after it peaks, as in lake conditions, some of the algae would grow senescent (old) and lose vitality. Some would die, and when harvesting, a mix of dead and senescent algae is harvested, which does not taste good and has a lower quality.
Cultured algae is uni-algal. Uni-algal means that there is only one type of algae growing in the culture. Spirulina cultures are examined under the microscope every day. This is an assurance that there are no contaminating algae. When harvesting algae from lakes it is possible to yield more than one type of algae. Some types of unwanted algae can be harmful, resulting in upset stomachs, etc. However with Spirulina, unlike lake algae, only one type of algae is harvested.
3. Nutrex Hawaii certified organic Spirulina is much higher in beta carotene (more than double the amount stated on the blue-green algae label). This is because Nutrex Hawaii certified natural Spirulina is dried in a patented system called Ocean Chill Drying?„?. This is an oxygen free drying system which takes only seconds, as opposed to hours for freeze drying. While both Ocean Chill and Freeze drying use heat, the Ocean Chill drying system takes less time, resulting in less exposure, no freezing and enzyme survival of the drying process is documented ?ˆ? there are very high levels of superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant enzyme, in Spirulina.
4. Nutrex Hawaii certified ntural Spirulina is packed in glass, not plastic, with oxygen absorbers. This protects the product so it does not oxidize. Oxidation damages beta carotene and results in fatty acid rancidity, which can taste bad and reduce nutritional value. Our product has a three-year shelf life from date of manufacture.
5. Nutrex Hawaii certified natural Spirulina is grown with deep ocean seawater as a rich source of magnesium, calcium, and trace elements. This pure deep ocean water is pulled from a depth of 2000 feet, and is exceptionally clean. It contains over 90 elements, and has not been in contact with the atmosphere for over 2500 years.
6. It has much better taste. Nutrex Hawaii certified natural Spirulina is by far the best tasting Spirulina. It does not have the bitter bite of Aphamizomenon flos-aquae.
7. Far more economical. Gram for gram Spirulina is much less expensive than blue-green algae and has a superior nutritional profile.
How is the cell wall of the spirulina treated?
The cell wall of Spirulina requires no special treatment. This is because, unlike Chlorella algae, Spirulinas cell wall is soft and does not contain indigestible cellulose. Instead, the cell wall is made of muramic polysaccharide, and is exceptionally easy to digest. This cell wall structure is common to all members of the blue-green algae classification.